WNC Strategic Plan
Priority Directions and Actions 2018 – 2021
To champion community engagement & outreach:
- To engage community members within the Waterfront neighborhood, particularly new residents, to promote community and civic engagement.
- To encourage volunteer development within our community that is growing rapidly and which reflects broad diversity along social and income lines.
- To strengthen and expand WNC’s communication capabilities and community awareness in order to reach out to a growing vertical community.
Social Development and Economic Vitality
To deliver programs and services which meet the needs of WNC’s diverse community:
- To plan for program and space use needs in order to set priorities for services based on demographic trends, community needs and facility resources.
- To respond to the particular needs of community members who are at risk, vulnerable, marginalized or isolated.
- To establish program fee assistance equity goals in order to reduce barriers for program participation.
To expand WNC’s financial capacity:
- To build WNC’s fundraising capacity.
- To diversify WNC’s funding sources.
- To advocate and pursue funding for WNC’s building and technology needs to meet the demands of a growing community.