Together In Movement and Exercise (TIME™) is a community-based program welcoming people with balance and mobility challenges to exercise. TIME™ is based on health care and community organizations working together to make exercise more accessible, do-able and fun! The group exercise program is designed by physiotherapists at Toronto Rehab, and led by fitness instructors in community centres across the country, presently in dozens of locations and growing. The health care and community centre collaboration creates a safe and effective opportunity for participants to exercise in their neighbourhoods. Program running Tuesdays and Thursdays, three 1 hour classes each day. Training is provided. Minimum 3-month commitment required .
VOLUNTEER POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist staff in program set up and take down of exercise safety equipment, chairs, steps, and safety bars.
- Welcome and assist clients.
- Assist in fostering a friendly environment for patients through social interaction.
- Under the direction of the fitness instructor, volunteers assist clients to participate in a fun group exercise.
- Each session lasts about 5-6 weeks with classes offered on Tuesdays and Wednesdays on a weekly basis throughout the year.
- Engage with all participants and adjust to their individual physical ability.
- Create a fun and energetic atmosphere.
- Each class is about an hour long. We would love volunteers who can commit to at least 2 hours if possible. Additionally we are looking for volunteers for both days and all classes.
- Energetic, resourceful, organized, and able to manage time.
- Respectful of seniors and interested in providing engaging opportunities.
- Previous experience working people with balance and mobility challenges and diverse populations in community settings.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening – Police Reference Check required and skilled in the use CPR and First Aid Procedures.
- All volunteers shall adhere to all WNC volunteer processes, policies and guidelines.
HOW TO APPLY / CONTACT
Suada Warsame email@example.com
Deadline: ASAP. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received and the successful applicants be ratified as needed.