Neighbourhood 2 Neighbourhood
Home Program Volunteer Services
To improve the quality of life for seniors by providing social interaction and companionship through friendly visiting.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to provide 2 references.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Successful completion of a current Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Wanting to make a difference in an isolated senior’s life.
- Treat seniors with dignity and respect.
- Able to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 3-6 months.
- Visit client on a regular basis once per week for one hour.
- Engage in activities with client (games, art craft, active listening, walks, cards).
- Report any incident and emergency immediately.
- Abide and respect the confidentiality agreement related to client information and follow agency policies and guidelines for volunteers.
- Record volunteer hours and keep in regular contact with N2N team.
Jun: (T) 416.392.1509 ext. 326 (E) firstname.lastname@example.org www.n2ntoronto.com or apply on our website waterfrontnc.ca/support/volunteersco-op-placements