Reporting to the Manager, Financial Operations. This volunteer position is responsible for the administrative tasks associated with finance. This role is also responsible for assisting with processing all accounting entries including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable ensuring timelines and accuracy. This volunteer role has a minimum commitment of 6 months.
VOLUNTEER POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports financial administration in maintaining file storage and accounts payable tracking.
- Tasks include; Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Administrative and other ongoing tasks.
- Reconciles various receipts, records and prepares bank deposits and bank reconciliation reports using Sage 300 ERP v2018 (ACCPAC).
- Abides by the Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre’s policies procedures and complies with all applicable legislation and regulations including confidentiality, MFIPPA and purchasing and inventory control systems.
- Post-secondary education in a Finance, Business and Administration or similar discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledgeable using Sage ERP 300 v2018 (ACCPAC) accounting systems or other ERP systems, particularly AR, AP and GL modules.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suit.
- Above average excel skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience in finance administration.
- Experience in working with a diverse population, and an understanding of cultural issues.
- A minimum of 6-month commitment required.
HOW TO APPLY / CONTACT
Suada Warsame email@example.com
Deadline: ASAP. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received and the successful applicants be ratified in June 2019.