Assists the Manager, Business/IT with the responsibilities for the overall reception area of the Community Centre including answering phones, taking messages, typing, making referrals, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding of Computer Application including Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and to perform a large variety of job-related duties.
- Ability to maintain co-operative working relationships with the public. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must meet the criteria as set out by the funders Youth between the ages of 15 and 18 years old, currently enrolled in high school and returning to school full time in the fall of 2019.
- Must not have completed before the Youth Employment Services (YES) youth job connection summer program.
- Available to complete a 20 hours of pre-employment training offered now until the end of June 2019.
- High school diploma and/or combination of education/work experience related to the position.
KNOWEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skill in the use CPR and First Aid Procedures.
Salary Scale: Summer Contract
$14.05/hr + 4% vacation and mandatory Employment Standards benefits
July 2, 2019 – August 23, 2019 – Monday – Friday (Some weekends, evening maybe required.)
Deadline for application: Friday, April 19, 2019
Please send resume to:
Reception Assistant – Summer Contract Hiring Committee
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre
627 Queens Quay West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3G3
Note: Please put position title in the email subject line.
This position is dependent on funding. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy; accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job title.