- To plan, promote, and implement programs and activities for youth within our recording studio facility. Knowledge of sound recording and music production is necessary for this position. Knowledge of other creative arts such as photography and videography will be considered an asset.
- Develop programs based on the individual needs of youth in order to foster positive youth development.
- To advocate on behalf of youth, and to provide additional resources and support to help youth overcome everyday challenges and barriers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and operate under the supervision of the Supervisor-Youth and Adult Programs and Supervisor-Children’s Program programs, activities and special events for children and youth.
- To develop and implement educational and recreational programs and activities for children and youth that will; develop individual well-being by increasing self-concept, self-worth and self-determination; increase participation in decision-making process and build a sense of community among the youth of the Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre. Responsible to design and implement activities based on individual and group needs and interests.
- To assist in community development and outreach and to act as a resource to community and youth groups as they seek to identify their needs and to develop resources to meet these needs on an ongoing basis.
- To assist children and youth in accessing multiple services, supports and resources and to maintain active linkages with other resources and organizations.
- To facilitate community involvement and encourage volunteers and parents to assist in the programs and activities.
- To develop, support and evaluate leadership training opportunities and other skill building activities for children and youth.
- Promote the Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre’s activities at large.
- To provide regular program reports and evaluations, documentations for all serious encounters.
- Arrives for scheduled shifts on time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Post-secondary degree; or diploma in arts, social work or related human service discipline or combination or equivalent related education and professional experience.
- Experience in working with children and youth and demonstrated commitment to a community based approach to service delivery.
- Knowledge of multi-cultural, women’s issues and demonstrated ability to work with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of related community services.
- Creative ability and understanding of child/youth developmental factors, behavior management, program planning and group facilitation.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening – Police Reference Check.
- CPR and First Aid required.
Salary Scale: $19.14/hour
Hours: Approx. 10 hours per week.
When: Evenings. Some weekends may be required.
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline for application: March 5th, 2020
Please send resume to:
Program Worker- RM 13 Multimedia Studio Hiring Committee
627 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3G3
Fax: 416 392-1512 Email: email@example.com
*Please put Program Worker-RM 13 in subject line
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for the interview will be contacted. Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.