Assists the Manager – Facility Operations (Acting) with the responsibilities for the overall day to day cleaning and maintenance of the indoor and outdoor areas of the Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains co-operative working relationships with the public.
- Carries out inside and outside maintenance and care taking duties according to the weekly maintenance schedule to keep building and grounds clean and neat.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must meet the criteria as set out by the funders. Youth between the ages of 15 and 18 years old, currently enrolled in high school and returning to school full time in the fall of 2019.
- Must not have completed before the Youth Employment Services (YES) youth job connection summer program.
- Available to complete a 20 hours of pre-employment training offered now until the end of June 2019.
- High school diploma and/or combination of education/work experience related to the position. Basic understanding of WHIMIS and Occupational Health and Safety Requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to learn and to perform a large variety of job-related duties.
- Ability to maintain co-operative working relationships with the public. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- First Aid and CPR certification required.
Salary Scale: Summer Contract – Student Rate
$14.05/hr. + 4% vacation and mandatory Employment Standards benefits
July 2, 2019 – September 02, 2019 – Monday – Friday (Some weekends, evening maybe required.)
Deadline for application: Friday, April 19, 2019
Please send resume to:
Summer Caretaker Assistant – Student Contract Hiring Committee
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre
627 Queens Quay West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3G3
Note: Please put position title in the email subject line.
This position is dependent on funding. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence. Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy; accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at jobs@waterfrontnc