Program Worker- Early ON Drop In Programs
November 15, 2022
Program Worker- Early ON Drop In Programs (1)
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
- To plan, promote & implement programs, activities & special events for children 0 – 6 based on recognition of their individual needs and which fosters positive child development.
- To advocate on behalf of children 0 – 6 and families and to provide support & resources for self-determination and representation.
- To provide support and the development of skills in independent program solving & decision making.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and operate under the supervision of the Supervisor, Children’s Programs, the programs, activities and special events for children 0 – 6 and families.
- To develop and implement educational and recreational programs and activities for children 0 – 6 that will; develop individual well-being by increasing self-concept, self-worth and self- determination; increase participation in decision-making process and build a sense of community among the families of the Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre. Responsible to design and implement activities based on individual and group needs and interests.
- To assist in community development and outreach and to act as a resource to community and families as they seek to identify their needs and to develop resources to meet these needs on an ongoing basis.
- To assist families in accessing multiple services, supports and resources and to maintain active linkages with other resources and organizations.
- To facilitate community involvement and encourage volunteers and parents to assist in the programs and activities.
- To develop, support and evaluate leadership training opportunities and other artistic and creative skill building activities for families.
- Promote the centre’s activities at large.
- To provide regular program reports and evaluations, documentations for all serious encounters. Arrives for scheduled shifts on time.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be currently enrolled in Early Childhood Studies or hold a Post-secondary degree or diploma in Early Childhood Studies.
- Experience in working with children 0 – 6 and families and demonstrated commitment to a community based approach to service delivery.
- Knowledge of multi-cultural, women’s issues and demonstrated ability to work with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of related community services.
- Creative ability and understanding of child/youth developmental factors, behavior management, program planning and group facilitation.
- Coaching Certification an asset.
- Ability to work well with volunteers and parents and encouraging parental input. Vulnerable Sector Screening – Police Reference Check.
- CPR and First Aid required.
In accordance with City of Toronto Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy, all staff, volunteers and students must be fully vaccinated.
Salary Scale: $19.72
Hours: 10-12 hrs/ week
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline for application: Dec 5th, 2022
Please send resume to:
Early ON– Family Support Hiring Committee
627 Queen’s Quay West,
Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3G3
Fax: 416 392-1512
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for the interview will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the City of Toronto’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.