Activities Leader – Tween After School Program
November 15, 2022
Activities Leader – Tween After School Program (Maternity Leave Contract)
Mon. – Fri. -3:00pm – 6:15pm
To promote, plan, implement and maintain a supportive and creative environment for youth ages 11-18 depending upon the requirements of the program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist in the promotion, planning and implementation of an afterschool program for youth based upon program requirements and designated time period.
- To assist in planning activities for the program on a weekly basis that are best suited to individual and group needs of youth while balancing social emotional, physical and cognitive activities.
- To provide a supportive, creative, and safe environment for youth that will create opportunities for positive growth and development.
- To maintain daily records, attendance, permission forms, etc.
- To provide supervision of youth in all activities in the location and on field trips, being aware of safety and supervision issues at all times.
- To communicate with parents of youth enrolled in the program in order to update them on activities and future plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds and/or related education.
- Proven ability to promote, plan, implement and maintain age appropriate programming and behavior best suited to individual and group needs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Current CPR and First Aid required.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening – Police Reference Check
Salary Scale: $15.82/hr + 4% vacation Hours: 16.25 Hours as per needed Start Date: January 9th, 2023
Deadline for application: December 5th, 2022 Please email resume to:
Activities Leader – Tween & Youth Afterschool Program Hiring Committee
627 Queen’s Quay West,
Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3G3
*Please put Tween & Youth Afterschool Program in subject line
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for the interview will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy; accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at: email@example.com , quoting the job title.