Activities Leader – After School Program
November 15, 2022
To promote, plan, implement and maintain a supportive and creative environment for children ages 5 -12 depending upon the requirements of the program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist in the promotion, planning and implementation of an afterschool program for children based upon program requirements and designated time period.
- To assist in planning activities for the program on a weekly basis that are best suited to individual and group needs of the children while balancing social emotional, physical and cognitive activities.
- To provide a supportive, creative, and safe environment for children that will create opportunities for positive growth and development.
- To maintain daily records, attendance, permission forms, etc.
- To provide supervision of the children in all activities in the location and on field trips, being aware of safety and supervision issues at all times.
- To communicate with parents of children enrolled in the program in order to update them on activities and future plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working with children from diverse backgrounds and related Early Childhood Education.
- Proven ability to promote, plan, implement and maintain age appropriate programming and behavior best suited to individual and group needs.
- Experience in working with, students, volunteers and encouraging parental input.
- Current CPR and First Aid required.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening – Police Reference Check
Salary Scale: $15.82/hr Hours: 15-16.25/ week Start Date: ASAP
Deadline for application: Dec 5th, 2022
Please send resume to:
Activities Leader – Afterschool Hiring Committee 627 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3G3 Fax: 416 392-1512 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for the interview will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy; accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at: email@example.com , quoting the job title.
In accordance with City of Toronto Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy, all staff, volunteers and students must be fully vaccinated.