Activities Leader – Children’s Tennis
August 4, 2022
Activities Leader – Children’s Tennis – (1) Mondays — 3:30pm – 4:15pm
To promote, plan, implement and maintain a supportive and creative environment for children and youth depending upon the requirements of the program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist in the promotion, planning and implementation of sports program for children and youth based upon program requirements and designated time period.
- To assist in planning activities for the program on a weekly basis that are best suited to individual and group needs of the children and youth while balancing social emotional, physical and cognitive activities.
- To provide a supportive, creative, and safe environment for children that will create opportunities for positive growth and development.
- To maintain daily records, attendance, permission forms, etc.
- To provide supervision of the children in all activities in the location and on field trips, being aware of safety and supervision issues at all times.
- To communicate with parents of children enrolled in the program in order to update them on activities and future plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working with children from diverse backgrounds and related Education.
- Proven ability to promote, plan, implement and maintain age-appropriate programming and behaviour best suited to individual and group needs.
- Experience in working with, students, volunteers and encouraging parental input.
- Current CPR and First Aid required.
- Coaching certification an asset.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening – Police Reference Check
Salary Scale: $15.82
Hours: 1- 1.5 hrs/ per week – and relief as required.
Start Date: September 12th, 2022
Deadline for application: Aug 26th, 2022
Please send resume to:
Activities Leader- Children’s Programs Hiring Committee 627 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3G3 Fax: 416 392-1512 Email: Jobs@waterfrontnc.ca
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy; accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at: email@example.com, quoting the job title.
In accordance with City of Toronto Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy, all staff, volunteers and students must be fully vaccinated.