November 22, 2021
Pre & Post Natal Pilates & All Fitness Levels Pilates
Sundays – 3:45 pm – 4:45 pm
Mondays – 6:15 pm – 7:15 pm
Under general supervision of the Manager, Program Administration and Recreation leads and coordinates individual or group adult/physical training sessions for a specified health and fitness program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and leads exercise/activity sessions in one or more assigned fitness areas, such as Zumba, low impact aerobics, stretching/flexibility, yoga, circuit training, general fitness, weight training.
- Sets up and monitors class equipment, and ensures its return in serviceable condition.
- Advises participants on program and class procedures and policies, as appropriate.
- Distributes handouts and/or class evaluations, if appropriate, and answers questions from participants after each session; assists in performing follow up and communication with participants, as required.
- Tracks progress of clients; maintains attendance and client files as appropriate.
- Ensures that safety and injury prevention policies and procedures are adhered to by participants; reports accidents and prepares accident reports, as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Recognized competency and training in field of instructional expertise/may require discipline-specific certification.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- First Aid and CPR Certification required
- Vulnerable Sector Screening required
Salary Scale: $24.67/hr
Hours: 3hrs per week/ as per needed
Start Date: January 10, 2022
Deadline for application: December 6, 2021
Please send resume to:
Fitness Instructor Hiring Committee
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre
627 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3G3
Fax: 416 392-1512 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must quote job position title in the cover page and in the subject line of the e-mail.
In accordance with City of Toronto Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy, all staff, volunteers and students must be fully vaccinated.
Waterfront Neighbourhood House is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for the interview will be contacted. Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.