INSTRUCTOR – FITNESS- Children’s Gymnastics (1)
November 25, 2021
Under general supervision of the Supervisor, Youth & Adult Fitness/Recreation Programs, leads and coordinates individual or group children fitness/physical training sessions for a specified health and fitness program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an instructional program for the gymnastics participant’s ages 3-11 years old. The instructor must observe and spot participants as they perform on the various apparatus. This may include some physical contact and lifting, especially with smaller children.
- Plans and leads exercise/activity sessions in one or more assigned fitness areas, such as low impact aerobics, stretching/flexibility, yoga, circuit training, karate, general fitness, weight training.
- Sets up and monitors class equipment, and ensures its return in serviceable condition.
- Advises participants on program and class procedures and policies, as appropriate.
- Distributes handouts and/or class evaluations, if appropriate, and answers questions from participants after each session; assists in performing follow up and communication with participants, as required.
- Tracks progress of clients; maintains attendance and client files as appropriate.
- Ensures that safety and injury prevention policies and procedures are adhered to by participants; reports accidents and prepares accident reports, as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Recognized competency and training in field of instructional expertise/may require discipline-specific certification.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Minimum: Completion of Gymnastics Foundations Program
- First Aid and CPR Certification required
- Vulnerable Sector Screening – Police Reference Check.
- Must be available on weekends
Salary Scale: $24.67/hr
Hours: 1-2hrs per week
Start Date: January 2021
Deadline for application: December 6th, 2021
Please send resume to:
Please send resume to:
Children’s Gymnastics Hiring Committee
627 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3G3
Fax: 416 392-1512 Email: email@example.com
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for the interview will be contacted. Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
In accordance with City of Toronto Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy, all staff, volunteers and students must be fully vaccinated.