Instructor – Children’s Dance (Relief/On-Call)
November 25, 2021
SUMMARY: Leads and coordinates group dance sessions for a specified health and fitness program
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and leads exercise/activity sessions in one or more assigned fitness areas, such as low impact aerobics, stretching/flexibility, yoga, circuit training, karate, general fitness, weight training, and/or specialty training, dance, children’s dance, Ballet etc.
- Sets up and monitors class equipment, and ensures its return in serviceable condition.
- Advises participants on program and class procedures and policies, as appropriate.
- Distributes handouts and/or class evaluations, if appropriate, and answers questions from participants after each session; assists in performing follow up and communication with participants, as required.
- Tracks progress of clients; maintains attendance and client files as appropriate.
- Ensures that safety and injury prevention policies and procedures are adhered to by participants; reports accidents and prepares accident reports, as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Recognized competency and training in field of instructional expertise/may require discipline-specific certification (ballet, creative movement).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Skill in the use of first aid procedures.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of fitness training or dance and education methods and techniques in area of specialty.
- Knowledge of exercise principles and technology.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of fitness equipment and facilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- First Aid and CPR Certification required
- Vulnerable Sector Screening – Police Reference Check required
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves limited exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous and repetitive physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as fitness equipment.
Salary Scale: $24.67/hr
Hours: Relief/As per needed. (Including Evenings and Weekends)
Start Date: On-call
Deadline for application: November 23rd, 2021
Please send resume to:
Children’s Dance Hiring Committee
627 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3G3
Fax: 416 392-1512 Email: Jobs@waterfrontnc.ca
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for the interview will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy; accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at: Jobs@waterfrontnc.ca , quoting the job title.
In accordance with City of Toronto Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy, all staff, volunteers and students must be fully vaccinated.