Facility/Rental Attendant – Relief
October 20, 2021
Under the direction of the Manager, Facility Operations this position is responsible for providing front-line customer service to rental clients, vendors, event guests and program participants of the Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre. The hours for this position will fluctuate depending on season and peak periods, with the majority of shifts taking place on weekends and evenings (shifts can widely vary within any given 24 hour period depending upon type of rental i.e. as late as 2:00 a.m. or as early as 5:00 a.m.)
Manager – Facility Operations
Education and Training:
Standard First Aid with CPR ‘C’/AED certified
Smart Serve Certificate an asset.
Experience in a Customer Service capacity.
Sensitivity to interact with a diversity of patrons in a courteous, tactful and efficient manner.
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Able to follow detailed instructions.
- Will be required to work independently and with minimal supervision during regular and after hour events.
- Maintain contact and alert the Manager, or designate, on any urgent event/rental/program related issues and emergencies.
- Maintains space use records; collects fees if applicable; completes registration process and end of day status reports/statistics for events/rentals/programs; responds to public inquiries regarding space and programs.
- Ensure client agreements are being adhered to as per the direction of the Manager or designate.
- Ensure a safe and accessible environment for all participants and guests.
- Assist with the opening and closing of the Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre and rooms, ensuring that the building is locked, alarms have been set and assets have been secured at closing.
- Distributes, collects, maintains and inspects equipment
- Liaise with rental/event clients and participants and oversees vendors during event setup and takedown and advise clients of any concerns.
- Perform general cleaning/maintenance of rental/program space and washrooms as required (i.e. mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, cleaning washrooms rooms, clearing and salting walkways, garbage pick-up, set-ups and breakdowns of tables and chairs as required).
- Maintain constant communication with on-site program staff regarding room use details and participant locations, to ensure coordination of site use by multiple clients.
- Maintains awareness and ensures client compliance with Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre Rules and Regulations.
- Other duties as required.
Wage Grade 2 – $16.95/hr. + 4% Vacation Pay
Hours: 3 – 15 hours/week – Variable Hours – Day/Evening/Weekends
Please send resumes to:
Facility Rental Attendant Hiring Committee
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre
627 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3G3
OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must quote job position title in the cover page and in the subject line of the e-mail.
Deadline for applications: October 30, 2021.
In accordance with City of Toronto Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy, all staff, volunteers and students must be fully vaccinated.
In accordance with our collective agreement members of CUPE Local 2998 will be considered first.
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for the interview will be contacted. Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.