Important Service Update: Proof of Vaccination
September 30, 2021
In accordance with the Provincial Mandate issued September 22nd, 2021, Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre will require patrons to show identification and proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before they can enter the area for the following programs and services:
Indoor areas of facilities used for sports and recreational fitness activities which includes:
- All Adult & Seniors Fitness Classes
- All Adult & Seniors Sport and Recreation Programs
- Weight Room
- Youth Basketball for Youth 18 years and older
- All rental spaces for meetings and events. Gymnasium included
Proof of vaccination is not required for the following:
- Children under 12 years old
- Patrons under 18 years actively participating (i.e. not spectators) in organized sport: Examples include: Sports leagues, Organized pick-up sports, Dance classes, Martial arts
- Medical exceptions with a written document from a medical doctor or registered nurse
- Patrons entering the facility solely for washroom use, to make a payment or register for a program
A valid document outlining medical exemption must include:
- the name and contact information of the physician or nurse practitioner (for example, phone number and address)
- a logo or letterhead identifying the physician or registered nurse in the extended class
- a statement that there is a medical reason for the individual’s exemption for being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- an effective time-period for the medical reason within the date the individual is seeking access to the business or organization
Please note proof of vaccination will only be reviewed and confirmed.
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre will not retain any information.
If you are unable to meet this requirement and are currently registered for any programs or services mentioned above, WNC will issue a refund (if applicable).